Calendar E-Mail Chat Games Messenger Search
HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister Forgot Your Password?Forgot Your Password?

Welcome, Guest. Please Login. Jun 10th, 2024, 6:48am

1freeworld Groups
   Science & Technology
   Linux, BSD & Open Source
(Moderator: ReeBop)
   FreeSBIE 1.1 is out
Previous topic: The Jump to Fedora C...  The Jump to Fedora C...  «-  Start new topic  -»  Here we go.....  Next topic: Here we go.....
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: FreeSBIE 1.1 is out  (Read 760 times)
ReeBop
Administrator
USA  Arlington TX
# 3

1fw Messenger: reebop@imchat.h opto.org

63756458 63756458   reebop_redoux  
View Profile WWW Email

FreeSBIE 1.1 is out
« on: Dec 7th, 2004, 10:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For those of you who love to run something different in a Live CDROM, FreeSBIE 1.1 is out.  FreeSBIE is based on FreeBSD and sports a nifty XFCE desktop.  Although slightly less automatic than Knoppix, it ran fine on my notebook in a earlier version.  It could not however find my soundcard.  I have downloaded the newer version and am looking forward to giving it a spin.  
For those that don't understand what a Live CDROM does, it enables you to run an entire operating environment in memory without disturbing the operating system on the harddrive.  The beauty of this?  This will allow you to try out a operating system, take your operating system with you and have all your settings on a USB flash key, or use it as a file transfer tool if your operating system on your harddrive won't boot anymore.  
To try out this wonderful toy, click at the link.

http://www.freesbie.org

I have also written a short piece on my Geeksters.org site.

http://www.geeksters.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=233

Huzzah! to those who create these wonderful tools for us to use free and legal.

« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2004, 7:02am by ReeBop » IP Logged

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic: The Jump to Fedora C...  The Jump to Fedora C...  «-  Start new topic  -»  Here we go.....  Next topic: Here we go.....

1freeworld Groups » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.2!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.