Calendar E-Mail Chat Games Messenger Search
HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister Forgot Your Password?Forgot Your Password?

Welcome, Guest. Please Login. May 29th, 2024, 12:01pm

1freeworld Groups
   On the Lighter Side
   Blog Central
(Moderator: Wicked_Witch)
   Krissy's Closet
Previous topic: Fallen's City Of Ang...  Fallen's City Of Ang...  «-  Start new topic  -»  My First Blog  Next topic: My First Blog
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46  ...  61 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Krissy's Closet  (Read 53149 times)
nOrKAy
Premier Expert
Hong_Kong  Happy Valley
# 130

If you don't  like my apples, don't shake my tree!

View Profile

Re: Krissy's Closet
« Reply #430 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 6:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Loving One's Self

Sometimes the hardest person to love is yourself.

OK, with the exception of God Almighty, who knows you better than you?  

I remember all of the failures, the promises I made but never kept, and the goals I never attained. I relive in my mind the lost loves, the harsh words of friends and relatives, and those moments when everything seemed stacked against me--it’s a big gooey self-hate sandwich.

In my travels I’ve learned that one of the most difficult things in life is forgiveness. And I’m not talking about forgiving friends and loved ones. That’s a little easier. It’s forgiving myself for not living up to my potential--and that brings me to loving myself.

I’m not saying I should love myself for no good reason. I don't mean to love my negative and bad parts of me, but I believe that loving the whole me including my weaknesses can help me open my eyes to see what should be mended and make myself even better and lovable. And that, I am more comfortable and confident with myself mingling with other people.

The mirror I stare into is the reflection of my past. And it’s easy to dislike myself for those failures. But as I have learned to invest energy into those thoughts, I simultaneously rekindle the past and teleport into the present. I don’t mean or want to forget the past. No. There are lessons to be learned from it.

To relive the past is self-destructive. In resurrecting the past we forget there is a future. And in that future lives the person you will become. That person hasn’t repeated the mistakes of the past. They have a clean slate, but only if we can forgive ourselves for the mistakes and then love ourselves for the things to come.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2006, 7:50am by nOrKAy » IP Logged

nOrKAy
Premier Expert
Hong_Kong  Happy Valley
# 130

View Profile

« Reply #431 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 2:01am »

How is one to live a moral and compassionate existence when one is fully aware of the blood, the horror inherent in life, when one finds darkness not only in one's culture but within oneself? If there is a stage at which an individual life becomes truly adult, it must be when one grasps the irony in its unfolding and accepts responsibility for a life lived in the midst of such paradox. One must live in the middle of contradiction, because if all contradiction were eliminated at once life would collapse. There are simply no answers to some of the great pressing questions. You continue to live them out, making your life a worthy expression of leaning into the light.

--Barry Lopez--
IP Logged

Gracia
Premier Expert
Philippines 
# 28

in Christ --- the hopeless finds hope

View Profile

« Reply #432 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 4:13am »

knock knockHuh anybody homeHuh
IP Logged

The best way to cheer yourself, is to cheer somebody else up
nOrKAy
Premier Expert
Hong_Kong  Happy Valley
# 130

View Profile

« Reply #433 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 9:52am »

Gracieee
I am here. Just got back from wandering along the super busy highways of Manila. Wooohooo. Only in the Phil. I would have to wake up like 4 in the morning before going to work and spend more than an hour watching those nice cars running along with me, trisikel (spelling?) behind and jeepneys overtaking with each other while beeping endlessly. Hahaha.  Grin  

But well, it's always good to see the Phil. Just sad that couldn't even have time to see people I wanted to see. Oh well, it's a short business trip anyway, so I didn't really expect. Besides, Dad is now living in Cavite, where we decided to move from Binondo.  

Thanks Gracie for remembering me.  Kiss
IP Logged

nOrKAy
Premier Expert
Hong_Kong  Happy Valley
# 130

View Profile

« Reply #434 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 4:27pm »

Random Thoughts, Random Feelings

[But certainly don't have the feeling to plagiarize like the practise of my neighbor. Hmmm. You know who I am talkin about, don't you? If you don't, dont worry, I can tell you--just ask me and we will laugh together. LOL.]

Thinking
Seasons come and seasons go. Time passes by so fast and yet so slow. More often than not you move along with time without really thinking. There are things that must be done, for the simple reason that they must be. It's what we've been taught and trained to do, so that a good life could be defined. We understand and yet we don't fully know why. Half of the time we do not think or try not to worry of everything, and it is easier and simplier. However, we are taught that if we do the right things, then we experience the right pleasure. So, what seems to be the problem? There is no problem, unless, we want to remain ignorant or that this is what we really want. Although, that is not to say that we have to deviate. Do the things we do mindlessly, really matter? Does it automatically equate a good life the way everyone else defines it to be? The answer will always be relative. I guess the only way to find out is to think out of the box. Think not what other people think and let's not confine ourselves to the patterned way of thinking mindlessly. Let the mind think freely.....

And this got me thinking at this very minute:  
How can I say I have a good life when infact I am still preparing to see how my 'real' life begins? I hope I am not just putting myself into a big shame.

Language is Limited
Words cannot always express how I feel and what I see. I find that language is so limited sometimes. It can only define up to a certain extent. At times, I think it could be that I have not read enough? Perhaps. I talk to many people and am constantly amazed of the ideas that they express, ideas that they have learned from brilliant philosophers' and writers' books and writings they have read. But can anyone really read all the books in the world and define everything through thoughts communicated through words? Is it possible that there are still a lot of entities that have not been named, categorized and defined? Ofcourse. Man does not possess the absolute knowledge to define everything. It has an extent. So since our thinking is limited, then so are words.  

Lost Wanderer
More often than not, I cannot understand myself and I am lost. I feel like I am a misfit. Don’t get me wrong, I get along with many people. I laugh, I cry, I get angry, and I get scared. I am like most people who have emotions, live life, and who try to get by each passing day. I have friends and family. Though I knew, since I was ever aware of my own existence that I was never ordinary. I don’t share most opinions and I see things in different colors. While most people see red or yellow, I see green and purple. Though at times I choose not to share what I see because they seem too strange. So, instead, I smile and nod or shake my head. I don’t try to be mysterious or cool. I’m just trying to be me. Constantly lost and yet knowing where I am. I am continuously wandering from one place to the other, trying to make sense of things and comprehend what my mind allows me to. Though, I may remain motionless, conscious or dreaming, or I may be having dinner, tea or drinking to the state of drunkeness with friends, I am traveling or that's part of my travel. I am attached to the realness of what real is, and yet detached and untouchable by the world. Though I am here as tangible as can be, I am not. I am a restless soul trying to find a sanctuary.  
IP Logged

nOrKAy
Premier Expert
Hong_Kong  Happy Valley
# 130

View Profile

« Reply #435 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 12:43pm »

Bitter Whispers

The weary street creeks,
and obsoletely speaks,
Taunting that daunting old song.
The stair summits as such,
it's aware of all too much,
Each step spits an unpleasant gong.
The walls all shriek,
as they call you a freak,
They're saying you don't belong.
Now the bare chair holds clutch,
and it's cold to the touch,
Your conformity dare not resist long.

She beckons to her cronies,
Those robotic young phonies,
Your individuality starts to come undone.
You cower in desperation,
To avoid certain devistation,
But the worst has only just begun.
Vile demons picking away,
At their apprehended prey,
Leaching your essence until theres none.
They've taken your soul,
And left you with a hole,
A victim to the scum that you've now become.

--PsydewaysTears--
IP Logged

nOrKAy
Premier Expert
Hong_Kong  Happy Valley
# 130

View Profile

« Reply #436 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 4:07pm »

Shine and sparkle bright
But you are just plastic
Meant to catch the eye

~ HAIKUS ~

YOU, piece of shit!
I played with you once, and bam!
At least you vibrate !

IP Logged

okasantina
Premier Expert
Japan  Yokohama, Japan
# 4

***~~QuEeNbEe~~ ***

View Profile

« Reply #437 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 6:46pm »

on Jan 19th, 2006, 4:07pm, nOrKAy wrote:

Shine and sparkle bright
But you are just plastic
Meant to catch the eye

~ HAIKUS ~

YOU, piece of shit!
I played with you once, and bam!
At least you vibrate !

Is that a cellphone or a vibrator eh? Huh Roll Eyes Grin Tongue
IP Logged

nOrKAy
Premier Expert
Hong_Kong  Happy Valley
# 130

View Profile

« Reply #438 on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 6:24pm »

Tinz,
Haha. It could be a cellphone or vibrator, but I dont play on my phone, and neither have a vibrator. LOL.  Wink
IP Logged

nOrKAy
Premier Expert
Hong_Kong  Happy Valley
# 130

View Profile

« Reply #439 on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 8:19pm »

Dating

Given our freedom to choose a mate, how does one decide?

I believe there are some advantages to arranged/well planned  marriages. For example, if a woman were to make a decision on a lifetime partner at the tender age of eighteen or below, she may not be considering the full ramifications of that decision. In theory, her mother and father may make a wiser decision since they have more life experience.

But wait, I am not going to talk about marriage. I want to talk about my thoughts on dating.

OK. Every time we date we're asking the question, "Would this person make a good lifetime partner?" Even if we're not asking it out loud, it's implied. How do we know then if the person will be a good lifetime partner?

I have come up with the thought that spending more time with the person is a very helpful and important thing that a dating couple do in knowing each other and before taking the very serious next step, which is marriage. Just like, it's not good to  eat an unripe apple, it's not wise to marry a person that isn't ready. But that doesn't mean it won't be a great apple given a little time, however. But again, time is one thing we seem to have very little of in our society.

So, in a world where there seems to be a shortage of ripe apples, every day we pass up nearly ripe apples in the search of perfect ripeness. Of course, perfection is something to be sought but never grasped.

So my thoughts on dating are simple:  
It takes time. There is no short cut to spending time with someone to see their personalities shine. Given time you'll also be able to see them growing right before your eyes---becoming that person who is closer to the ideal in your imagination.

Maybe patience is a virtue, after all?

And yes, I am dating someone for a month now. Grin

« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2006, 5:26am by nOrKAy » IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46  ...  61 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic: Fallen's City Of Ang...  Fallen's City Of Ang...  «-  Start new topic  -»  My First Blog  Next topic: My First Blog

1freeworld Groups » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.2!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.