Calendar E-Mail Chat Games Messenger Search
HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister Forgot Your Password?Forgot Your Password?

Welcome, Guest. Please Login. Jun 10th, 2024, 3:57pm

1freeworld Groups
   On the Heavier Side
   Government & Politics
(Moderator: kim)
   State of National Emergency
Previous topic: Michael Jackson: Vic...  Michael Jackson: Vic...  «-  Start new topic  -»  Cyber Sex Crime ...  Next topic: Cyber Sex Crime ...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: State of National Emergency  (Read 1251 times)
kim
Premier Expert
Philippines  my house
# 52

Don't cry coz its over. Smile coz it happened

View Profile

State of National Emergency
« on: Feb 27th, 2006, 9:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

How ironic can it be being in a state of national emergency in the same day that we were suppose to be celebrating the anniversary of people power in edsa.  

THis is a very touchy subject and obviously a much recent subject to talk about.  

Share us your thoughts and views on this matter. I am interested in the comments of those from the other country too concerning this. Because i want to know the opion from a 3rd person.  

Post away
IP Logged

True strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart...
Wicked_Witch
Premier Expert
Philippines  Manila
# 201

I'm not old, you are just younger. Hehehe!

the_wicked_witch13  
View Profile WWW Email

Re: State of National Emergency
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 2:41am »

I am sure that the rests have heard of the supposedly planned takeover of the Fort last Saturday. The opposition decided that the best group to conquer were the soldiers in hope that they can turn those servicemen against GMA. But even Cory Aquino was not allowed entry. It was the highlight of the "takeover"...a make it or break it. People who were tuned-in at that most important rally were waiting to see what the outcome will be. Too bad they failed. Oh well....there will always be a next time. But they have to be smarter than GMA for their next move. Because it seems she has covered all the ground.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2006, 2:42am by Wicked_Witch » IP Logged

She who have not sinned may cast the first stone.
Gracia
Premier Expert
Philippines 
# 28

in Christ --- the hopeless finds hope

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 3:53am »

Cory Aquino made her announcement addressed to PGMA to make a supreme sacrifice of resigning.   I don't understand why?  The economy is getting better, so far the poor families were given attention through GAwad Kalinga, though that's not enough but at least that's a start.  PGMA doesn't need to resign now but she surely needs support.  It would be best for Cory to support Gloria, pray for Gloria and pray for our country.  She was greatly disappointed of the failed revolt and so with Guingona and the others.  But as Witchy said,  better luck next time.  Sometimes, if there's not enough reasons  to hold something like a huge mess, God will not allow it to happen especially if it only for self interests.  

I think Hacienta Luisita needs more time than rallying on the street Tita Cory and besides, at your age, it would be best to stay away from crowded places.  If another stampede will happen, you'll blame PGMA again.  Poor GMA.
IP Logged

The best way to cheer yourself, is to cheer somebody else up
kim
Premier Expert
Philippines  my house
# 52

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 10:35am »

Cory went on to support the anti GMA because of the threat that Ramos was plotting a military junta wich he denied (ofcourse). Then GMA got pissed because of this so she ordered the jacienda Luicita to be awarded to the farmers. So now all the coguancos are furious and they now joined the Coup plots agains GMA.  

the DND has some of the best intel personels and has a budget thats almost as big as the whole AFP. If you were the president and your intel ppl told you about this plot that involes the communists, business groups, and military ppl would you not declare a state of emergency? IF i was GMA i would be declaring martial law now.

IP Logged

True strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart...
Gracia
Premier Expert
Philippines 
# 28

in Christ --- the hopeless finds hope

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 1st, 2006, 5:41am »

As I have said on the other thread...i'm in favor of P.D. 1017.
IP Logged

The best way to cheer yourself, is to cheer somebody else up
kim
Premier Expert
Philippines  my house
# 52

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Mar 1st, 2006, 8:28am »

amen to that mommy gracia  Wink
IP Logged

Wicked_Witch
Premier Expert
Philippines  Manila
# 201

the_wicked_witch13  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 1st, 2006, 10:33am »

Shuckz, I only realized that there are two similar topics under different thread. I think we need to do something about this or Gracia and me and the others will sounds like a broken record!
IP Logged

kim
Premier Expert
Philippines  my house
# 52

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Mar 1st, 2006, 10:50am »

Errrr i cant find the other thread  Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

Wicked_Witch
Premier Expert
Philippines  Manila
# 201

the_wicked_witch13  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 2nd, 2006, 2:51am »

on Mar 1st, 2006, 10:50am, kim wrote:
Errrr i cant find the other thread  Grin Grin Grin

It's under Current Events **New, Kim. I think we should ask Ree to move it here.

IP Logged

Wicked_Witch
Premier Expert
Philippines  Manila
# 201

the_wicked_witch13  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 1:42am »

I have to pass this on. Courage also means taking a stand. We don't want to wake up with a military officer or a deposed Erap or the divided opposition at the helm of the government. If you agree then tell others not to fan the flame of disorder. We support the constitutional government and not power grabbing. It's time to unite and not allow a minority to create chaos. We don't even know the true leaders of the noisy group.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic: Michael Jackson: Vic...  Michael Jackson: Vic...  «-  Start new topic  -»  Cyber Sex Crime ...  Next topic: Cyber Sex Crime ...

1freeworld Groups » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.2!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.